Free Tips for Search Engine Optimization, Submission and Promotion
1. Confirm your website is tested for good load time, dead links and cross browser compatibility.
2. Optimize you web site pages by making confirm your top keywords appear in your title, Meta tags and website content.
3. Confirm you provide quality web pages content that have something unique to offer and that have keywords or key phrases people might search to find your site.
4. If you are selling products through websites, give something away free (The "free" word is one of the top most searched words on the internet).
5. Build quality links to your web site pages from other well ranked websites on your target search engine.
6. Make a list of your top keywords and key phrases and track your listings or ranking in the top 10 search engines and analyze it periodically.
7. Submit website to top directories there are lots of directories out there that list websites in their associated categories - Just find the top ranked ones and submit your web pages under associated sections.
8. Confirm your website looks attractive and trouble-free to use with clear navigation and straightforward to read layout and fonts. This is particularly helpful for directories as manual approval is required for them.
9. Keep up to date with the newest in SEO by reading through forums, articles, and associated guides - keep in mind SEO requires a lot of time and patience. You have to continue working on it.
10. Keep your website focused to cater to your visitors needs - don't throw in a free for all links program or forum to just attract traffic - in the long run this will payoff as you website will be recognized for what it is.